Revenge might be too harsh a word… let’s call it a challenge instead! This time we did something a bit different. It was Nancy’s birthday and we broke the normal tradition of bombarding her on Saturday for wine selections. This time around, she picked the wines for her birthday and we created dishes to match- I think we did pretty well! It’s shameful not to have the list of wines included here as they were all excellent, but I wanted to get the menu up. I’d also like to say thank you to everyone who came and tried some of the new and very different dishes we fixed. The sweetbreads were a first for me too!
- Proscuitto and Melon with a Sherry Vingarette
- Veal Sweetbreads with Pancetta Collard Greens
- Coffee and Tamarind Braised Pork with Polenta, Chocolate Mole, and Green Pepper Jam
- Quail with sauteed Spinach, Couscous and Plum Sauce
- Lemon Custard with Butter Cookies, Chocolate Port Truffles and a Rosewater Reduction