Or at least it was scandinavian inspired food. I had been watching episodes of New Scandinavian Cooking and the guys were into doing a themed dinner. Here is what we russled up:
- Chilled Beet Soup with Bacon
- Gravlax with Dill Crème fraîche
- Shrimp with Aquavit, Fennel, Chilies and Sourdough Boule
- Juniper Crusted Venison, caramelized Onions and Potatoes with a Walnut Taratore Sauce
- Ginger baked Apples with Chèvre and Toasted Almonds
We also had two vodka snaps that I made- a wonderful Lemon Coriander Snaps, and a spicy Blueberry Cinnamon Snaps. Skål!
Tags: Aquavit, Crème fraîche, Graham Cracker, Gravlax, Venison